Manassas Journal Messenger | Police briefs and blotter for July 2
Man, clerk beaten by two assailants outside store
A 43-year-old Manassas-area man and a 52-year-old clerk were beaten in front of a store at 12:16 a.m. Friday, police said.
The 43-year-old told police that he left his backpack and bicycle outside when he went into the store.
When he returned he saw two 19- to 23-year-old black men near his bike and one of them was going through his backpack.
The man who was rifling through the back pack attacked the 43-year-old as he approached, police said.
The store clerk came to help and was attacked.
Both men were cut an bruised, but refused medical attention, police said.
The victims told police that one of the men who attacked them was 6 feet tall and weighed 250 pounds. He wore a white T-shirt and dark jeans.
The other was 5 feet, 8 inches tall and wore a white T-shirt and jeans, the victims told police.
M. Park police charge Md. man for drug possession
The Manassas Park police arrested a Maryland man for possession of heroin after a traffic stop at 11:50 p.m. Thursday at Manassas Park Shopping Center at 8492 Centreville Road.
Police said they charged Jerry Dale Cook, Jr., 18, 4811 Joyful Way, Ellicott City, Md. with defective equipment, no seat belt, no front tag, no operators license, possession of paraphernalia, and possession of heroin.
Cook was held in lieu of $5,000. He is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 6, police said.
Prince William police reported the following incidents:
• Five Whirlpool appliances were taken from a home under construction in the 10600 block of Poagues Battery Court between 6 p.m. Monday and 8:57 a.m. Tuesday.
• Lottery tickets and 50 cartons of cigarettes, worth a of total $1,648, and an unknown amount of cash were taken from a store in the 7600 block of Centreville Road at 12:36 a.m. Thursday. The alarm went off during the burglary but police did not arrive in time to catch anyone.
• A store and a hair salon in the 7600 block of Stream Walk Lane were burglarized between 8 p.m. Monday and 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. An unknown amount of money was stolen from the hair salon in the Coverstone area and $500 was taken from the store.
• A window was broken at a deli in the 7500 block of Presidential Lane at 4:30 a.m. Thursday and $320 was stolen from the Coverstone-area business. An alarm went off at the time of the burglary.
• A stereo and music compact discs, worth a total of $415, were stolen from a car parked in the 1000 block of Gardenview Loop, off York Drive, in Woodbridge between 12:30 and 5:15 a.m. Wednesday.
• A cell phone, cash and a cell phone charger, worth a total of $310, were stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 13700 block of Latonia Court, in the Linton Hall area, between 9 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. Monday.
• A stereo, music CDs and construction tools worth a total of $1,430 were stolen from an unlocked van parked in the 13400 block of Greenacre Drive, off Horner Road, in Woodbridge between 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and 8:53 a.m. Wednesday.
Manassas Park police reported the following incident:
• A passport, a CD player, speakers and CDs, worth a total of $353, were stolen from a 1994 Izuzu Rodeo parked near the intersection of Moseby Court and Cabbel Drive between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. Thursday. The front passenger window was broken during the burglary.
– Keith Walker